View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 08:50 AM   #1
Rednroll
Human being with feelings

Default Hardware Controller Floor Stand?

Does anyone use a floor stand for their hardware controllers such as the Presoneus Fader Port, Behringer X-Touch, Mackie Universal Control etc?

I purchased a Behringer X-Touch ONE. I love it, it works great. However, the more I use it, the more I'm starting to realize how I wish it had it's own floor stand to mount it on.

I currently have my DAW setup on a 5ft wide desk. In the middle of the desk is my laptop. Since I'm right handed, to the right of that is my mouse, a wireless numeric keypad and then my X-Touch ONE controller. I have a few problems with this setup. I'm running out of desk space to the right of my PC where the X=Touch ONE is currently sitting at the edge of my desk and the viewing angle sitting on a flat desk is not all that great. As Well all these devices to the right are almost sitting on top of each other.

Moving my laptop to the left to create more room to the right is not an option. I have 3 monitors where my Laptop is the monitor in the middle with 2 external monitors, 1 to the left and the other to the right.

In the past I had worked in a studio which used AMS Neve Audiofile recorders/editors which were blazing fast to edit audio with. This type of editing/control function is what I'm trying to achieve with the Behringer X-Touch ONE. With the AMS Neve Audiofile in many of the studios they were mounted on a floor stand, so we could adjust their height and viewing angle. Below is a picture which doesn't show the stand all that well but hopefully gives the idea of what I'm looking for.

The 1st thing that comes to mind is putting the controller on a music stand but I'm looking for something a little more sturdy and secure. There's got to be some kind of universal floor stand for these hardware controllers, but I'm just currently coming up empty.

Anyone have any recommendations?

Last edited by Rednroll; 06-25-2019 at 08:57 AM.
Rednroll is offline   Reply With Quote