Old 04-21-2013, 09:14 AM   #108
karbomusic
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
This could be fun.......
I missed that question.

Quote:
I am curious. How old are you, what is your background and what do you do for a living?
So, I turn 50 in just a few months. I started in audio when I was 7 (1970) and was soldering my own circuits by the time I was 8 years old. I spent no less than 30 years in professional audio and electronics including performing, mixing, engineering and recording during those years. The things I have done during that time are pretty countless from building speakers from scratch AKA hand making working voice coils from mountain dew cans and manually winding them to spec to working with NASA with computer related stuff to playing for 10k people. And I've developed a lot of software, I've also worked on some 50 million code line projects. That's some of it, being 50 makes it a pretty damn long list seriously but I don't see the relevance to be honest.

I now debug code for fortune 100 companies at the assembly instruction level and audio is mostly a hobby over the last 10 years but people still pay me to play, engineer and record when I have the time.

I don't get the value in the above since you are convinced experience means nothing and I particularly don't care to go around boasting my skills whether they are good or bad. Actually at 5600 posts I don't think I've ever mentioned much about my professional life. I'd prefer my skills be evaluated by those I come in contact with vs blurting them out in forums as if it would mean anything to perfect strangers. Not my usual style.

Last edited by karbomusic; 04-21-2013 at 09:25 AM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote