View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 12:57 PM   #18
Tim Rideout
Human being with feelings

Thanks for your take, Marquez. Snapshots and Templates are two completely different approaches, and I am trying to use them both in my setup. For those following along, once again, here is what i do:

- use a large Master Template (1000+ tracks) that houses all my libraries and bussing
- use Snapshots (visibility) to split the template up into its libraries
- export these snapshotted tracks as templates
- combine these templates to re-create any library combo I want

Again, the PROBLEM is that the SEND routing doesn't get saved with the template.
I don't WANT to simply use snapshots (as some have suggested), because the size of the template is too cumbersome for everyday use.

My only current work-around is to simply re-route my STEM and audio sends after re-creating my smaller templates.

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marquez View Post
Hi Tim,

I think my setup and approach and what I´m trying to do is very similar to yours. There seems to be another thing with snapshots (@community: Correct me if I´m wrong): It seems that custom track heights (I use a track hierarchy, busses are a bit lower than stems, regular tracks are a bit lower than busses etc) are ignored. This is not a problem with track templates.

Using the routing matrix, any track template, say "All Legato Cellos" are connected to the Cellos Sub Stem (which is already routed to the main STRINGS stem) in no time.

Anyway, if I´m mistaken, and the snapshots should have great advantages over track templates, I´d be happy to learn.