Thread: New DDP Export
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #59
Sergenious
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyattRice View Post
I know that this is off topic a little, but users using the cue/bin format must use cdrecord/cdrtools for the burning method instead of Native CD Burning, when using Windows, because the Windows native method adds 2 secs at the beginning, thus it might add 4 secs when using the script.

I'm not sure about Mac, but I will check it and post back.

I'd be curious to receive some feedback from Sergej Marsnjak, and what he thinks.
Yes, it is common for the CD burning programs to add 2 seconds of silence, that's because ordinary users don't know anything about the Red Book. But the program developers are also normally not aware about the advanced users who want total control.

But those programs also add 2 seconds of silence before all tracks, so native burning can "destroy" gaps between the songs also. Native burning seam to assume that you put tracks one after another without any gap. So yes, cdrecord can be one of the only possible ways to record specially prepared CDs. (Although I didn't use it yet)

I must think of an option to record the CD directly from the DDP. I will contact the author of Reaburn. It would be good if Reaburn can be used to record DDP.

My music (metal)

Last edited by Sergenious; 05-24-2011 at 02:21 PM.
Sergenious is offline   Reply With Quote