View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 10:03 PM   #2081
Sound asleep
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by yep View Post
Nobody on the internet ever concedes a point. They either keep arguing or stop posting. I don't think anyone in the history of internet ever admitted they were wrong, they just move the goalposts or nit-pick at details or accuse each other of personal shortcomings or whatever. IRL, you have to do things, or people just stop listening to you. On the internet, you can always have the top post and get a response just by finding something wrong with the previous one
no, you're wrong!..... will you be the first and make me right?

or perhaps you won't concede my point, in which case you may have a point.

but then i have just conceded, and so i must be right..... wait... i've gone cross eyed.

it is a trait often found in humans that we compete for alpha hierarchy whether it is physically, or monetarily, or in opinion or knowledge of a subject matter. so in discussion, it will often end in a collision. the funny thing is, is that it is like in fighting. to me, the best way to fight is to be trained to act correctly on reflex. to train to be very quick, and so powerful. then, you should only react. action is a moment of weakness. if you are acting then you are vulnerable. if you only react, then you only act while your opponent is occupied acting, and therefore not a threat.

so, to me, the best way to fight is not to act at all. to only react. and so if two great fighters meet in combat they will never fight because they only react and never act. i personally love the poetic irony of that, but it is the same with internet bickering i find. really the best male, the most alpha male, imo, is the one that does not fight at all.

people tend to fear, and ascribe power to the man in the suit of armour with the big weapons, whereas i would fear more the man in the cloak, for they both live amidst warfare, and one walks around with nothing but a cloak.

the stronger man loves, and the weaker man hates.

that's how i see it anyways.

Last edited by Sound asleep; 10-20-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote