View Single Post
Old 10-09-2018, 02:17 PM   #18
Robert Randolph
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Ah, "Take: Activate take under mouse" needs to be updated to use the reconciliation mode -- when selecting take lane 4 on the middle items that lack media in that lane, it should select lane 3.
I tried a few other methods of setting the active takes, and none of them seem to update the reconciliation mode correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Side note:

The use case of the reconcilation mode is that you would often start by recording a performance, as the first take. Then, you'd overdub various parts multiple times.

In this case, if you select multiple items and choose a take lane, you'd want to use the media in that lane if available, and if not, use the previous lane that has media (since in that instance the overdub applied in that lane did not modify that item other than adding an empty lane).
Ok cool. I got it.

I'm pretty sure a number of the 'bugs' I'm seeing are related to the issue I posted above. I'll refrain from posting more until the next build.

The reconciliation mode works nicely whether 'Show all takes in lanes (when room)' option is turned on.

When 'Show all takes in lanes (when room)' is turned off, switching takes is not consistent. Which takes are selected while cycling is different depending on the take lane display. I know this is an old bug (reported in that silly thread I started), but it's a fairly stark contrast to how the smart reconciliation mode works (i.e. correctly) now.

It seemingly would correct issues 2, 5, 9 and 15 in https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=210747

My apologies if this falls into the "not part of this release" realm, but it does seem related in my brain.

I appreciate your time working on this. The new mode looks like it will be fantastic.