Thread: Reaper Live
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #10
mschnell
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixingWizard View Post
What interfaces are you using? I've been trying to find something with 24-32 channels that's remote controllable.
Did you consider using two XR18 boxes ? This offers a great price/performance ratio.
I very happily use one of them for for live playing with m band and recording. I just am busy to hook it to my live system to use some knobs of the XTouch to handle mixing parameters. This will be done like this:
XTouch <-> USB-Midi <-> Reaper <-> JSFX plugins <-> PC internal Midi <-> OSCIIBot <-> EEL2 programming <-> OSC <->WLAN <-> XR18.

I don't know if/how you can aggregate two 18 channel XR18 devices to hook them to Reapers audio engine. AFAIK, that is not possible with ASIO, but supposedly with WASAPI or on a MAC.

An X32 (full or Rack) also might be a good choice. It can be extended by stage boxes for more channels. A friend of mine has such a system and I do know that he is able to remote-control it by some PC-software he wrote (independent of Reaper). He uses this for doing theater performances. So scenes etc is especially important.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 11-13-2017 at 11:58 AM.
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote