View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 12:48 AM   #426
mrelwood
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
If something is possible, we can ask next question: Why is it not easier possible?

Example: IO drag to new track and you have your audio send. Similarly parameter drag onto another parameter could exactly do this, meaning activating parameter modulation, selecting link, then assigning from > to. 3 steps in one, would it be possible? Of course. If developers want it. It would just add one more simple drag and drop action then using all the functions which are already there, giving them preset values: parameter modulation, link, target. And this would feel almost like bitwig, if not better. Know it only from youtube videos, never tried bitwig.
That’s what feature requests are for, for the devs to learn what the users want. Maybe make one?

I agree, the feature is well hidden. I do see an issue with dragging a slider to another track though, since the point of sliders is to be dragged, for the control itself. And holding additional keys is for precise, group dragging etc, and impossible to remember unless used constantly. But right-clicking a slider might be an option for this, and perhaps other features as well.