View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 05:45 AM   #101
lb0
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSMastering View Post
Greetings. I'm new to Reaper and brand new to the forums (Hi!).

This looks like something that I've been looking for since...I can't remember when. But, I have a couple questions.

1. How do I actually install it. I'm familiar with github, but after that, it's kind of a blur. I assume there's documentation somewhere, but I haven't been able to find it by searching.

2. If you have multiple instances of the same plugin, will this still control the active/focused one? Or will it control all plugins with that name?

3. Because I like to keep sessions tidy, can you hide (but not disable) the controller track and have things still work?

4. Is it actually as simple and straightforward as it seems?

5. In the demo gif, what was LBX-FaderBox? Just a MIDI device?
Hi,

Installation is simply done by placing the relevant files in the correct places.

So the script should go in the Reaper resources folder in the Scripts subfolder. Some of my scripts require that they be in specific subfolders again - so to be safe I would place them in:

[Reaper resources]\Scripts\LBX\

For info - on my Win10 system - the resources folder is found:

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\REAPER

If you're on Mac - then you'll need to find where your resources folder is.

So after downloading the script from Github (download as RAW file to avoid any corruption), go to my LBX Stripper github repos:

https://github.com/L-B-X/LBXStripper

Download the LBX Faderbox JSFX plugin. This is required by the Smart Knobs script.

Save this file into:

[Reaper resources]\Effects\LBX\

This should be all you need to do to install everything you need.

Then you can run the script from Reapers Action list.

Hope this helps

---------------------

Answers to your other q's:

2: Just the focused one.
3: Yes - hiding the control track is fine
4: I hope so - as long as your controller works well with the JSFX (most should).
5: It's a JSFX plugin - this is the interface between the controller and the SK script. You need to learn your controller to the sliders in the Faderbox on the control track. If you have a Novation automap controller - you may wish to load the JSFX into an automap enabled ReaJS VST instance - this is probably the best setup for these devices. Other controllers should work fine with the JSFX plugin only.

Last edited by lb0; 08-06-2018 at 05:54 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote