tanstaafl
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny
Hi everyone,
Hi Nikola!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny
Well, besides the fact I'm astonished by this program , I'm also a programming student, and happened to find this app just because it is listed among Google Summer of Code projects. I am interested to take part in some programming here, with or without Google's help. I'm pretty sure I can make a Linux frontend in Qt, also have some ideas... anyway I downloaded source code and I'm going to analyze it in the next few days...
Hehe, just like you I was planning on submitting a couple of proposals to Google Summer of Code. I guess that make us competitors . I too think that a Qt-frontend would be a good thing to have. Not only so that Linux can have a real frontend (instead of the ncurses-based), but it could also be used to deprecate the other frontends so that there's only need for one source instead of one per platform...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny
And I have to ask a question: why server doesn't mix the channels altogether and send them to a client (with or without client's channel mixed) instead of this client-side mixing? Of course, it presumes some application upgrades (already proposed: voting sistem or/and room moderator, probably with some producer options), but will greatly improve network-related performance. Is there some point I missed, because it seems like a very logical approach, and yet is not implemented?
Server too busy with mixing processes? Don't think so...
My guess to why you would like to do the mixing client-side instead of server-side is both (as you already has pointed out) that everyone may not want the same mixing so who should control the mixing?, some kind of voting/moderator system is needed. And also that you may want to have all the channels available to remix at a later time.

// Andreas
tanstaafl is offline   Reply With Quote