View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 01:56 AM   #108
junh1024
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartR View Post
It makes sense till certain point,becausse it means to deliver a partial product, since all the other platforms supporting Atmos, have a binauralizer integrated.
Quote:
It's needed something that takes everything in 1 click, and mixes down to Binaural, directly into the Renderer. As it is into the Dolby Renderer, but also in Nuendo.
Are you sure you did a "deep dive" of Resolve & Nuendo?

"A Dolby Atmos Renderer is still needed for monitoring in binaural, authoring Binaural Render Mode settings..."

https://learning.dolby.com/hc/en-us/...Vinci-Resolve-

"A Dolby Atmos Renderer is still needed for monitoring in binaural..."

https://learning.dolby.com/hc/en-us/...inberg-Nuendo-

For proper DA BIN rendering/monitoring, you need to set the BIN metadata/BIN modes (I can't find an open spec for this), and 2-4 sets of 714 streams (or whatever it's rendered to), to apply the 4 different BIN render modes, which are set for each object. It can get quite complex.

Quote:
Well Atmos has a precise sequence of speakers. You can't just setup some speaker just to have them.
If the order is not respected, can't be Atmos at all, so it will be not encoded as it should.
Honestly I prefer to avoid any system that's not clearly made for.

however, for such kind of things, never ever delegate third parties software. Or you go out with a finih-shed product, or you get neglected because other ones, they came out with already everything integrated and at the "distance of one click"

I'm not sure what you mean by the last statement, but Binauralizer studio seems to support the 714 order which RPR outputs, and can load custom IRs. There are other ones with rotation, IR adjustment, etc.

For Mybino, you can use the
"Auro3D 11.1 (7+4)" layout which is close to generic 714. A 714 layout isn't specific to Atmos, btw, it's also used by DTSX too.

Conclusion: It might not be feasible/affordable to implement proper DA BIN monitoring. BIN monitoring in general may have some merits, but I think it would be best to focus on ADM first.

Last edited by junh1024; 09-09-2021 at 02:39 AM.
junh1024 is offline   Reply With Quote