Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Mousewheeling over VU-Meter for volume change Issue Tools
issueid=4403 10-08-2012 11:41 AM
Human being with feelings
Mousewheeling over VU-Meter for volume change
quick and cool volume change for small mixer settings

Mousewheeling over VU-meter and the volume should change as you would do the same over the volume fader, optional. Control-mousewheel does the same in smaller steps, again same as above fader.

I prefer having very small mixer setting to see many tracks at once, without any faders, so having this VU-meter volume changing option there would be just great. Also I do not like the fact that I have to click around carefully and move the mouse additionally just to be able to change the fader, when I am already above the VU-meter. Just mouse-wheeling there would be perfect, no need to do unnecessary work.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version 4.26
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 13
Users who would not use this feature 9
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-05-2012 08:25 AM

I should mention here maybe that I do all of my mousewheeling with the left hand on a Contour ShuttleXpress, which is much more fun than using a regular mouse on the right hand.
07-17-2014 04:42 AM

If you like the above FR, you might like following workaround, which I like actually more now: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...32#post1378832

It gives you jogwheeling with mouseovering, on arrangement view. No need for any mixer or volume faders. Do it directly on the arrangement view or wherever track selection is possible via mouseovering. Great. Power of Reaper actions freedom.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue