Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

Metronome /CC : Seconary gain Error & No Volume Slider update Issue Tools
issueid=3066 11-08-2010 11:10 PM
Human being with feelings
Metronome /CC : Seconary gain Error & No Volume Slider update
metronome settings saved as default project behaviour buggy on new project open.

Strange behavior in the metronome's secondary gain audio - either distorted or no sound but in all cases showing a meter reading of -1.#Jdb. Also no visual update on the volume slider and it's info meter.

To reproduce:
1. Assign a CC controller to metronome volume via actions list.
2. Right-click icon/open metronome window. Enable and set Secondary gain to a desired level, then set the metronome volume to -inf dB. Close.
3. Open Project settings and save as default.
4. Either close Reaper and re-open or open a new project to tabs.
5. Press play and adjust CC control assigned to metronome volume.

*2 known scenarios: 1) distorted secondary gain beats 2) no secondary beat sound.
*Check in metronome window: 1) Secondary gain shows a strange reading of -1.#Jdb 2) Notice upon moving the CC control no visual update displayed in the metronome window although it can be clearly heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_bleeder View Post
I like to leave the metronome always on and control its volume from a handy midi controller.

but it doesn't work properly.

1. open reaper
2. open new project ( or an old one )
3. adjust volume of metronome via set metronome volume ( cc only ) action

The volume of the metronome should increase or decrease accordingly.

what actually happens

1.once the controller is moved the secondary beat becomes very loud and distorted and cannot be adjusted by the controller.
2. the first beat of the bar IS adjusted by the controller, so when the metronome volume should be turned right down you still hear the 3 very loud clicks of the secondary beats.
3. manually resetting the voulme faders in metronome prefs fixes the problem until next time you open a project.

Its driving me mental.

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
Confirmed.

It happens IF you save a default startup project with the metronome volume all the way down. If you start REAPER and hit play you can hit the secondary beat distorted and its value has weird characters:

I'd take this to the Tracker because it is not really related to the assignment but a general bug when the volume is all the way down when REAPER starts up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkima View Post
Hi Mercado_Negro,

I can't seem to reproduce the issue entirely here - perhaps because of other settings I have elsewhere in Reaper (I don't know).

Getting an ok sounding 1st beat accent from the metronome and nothing else - so as expected. But I can definitely confirm the -1.#Jdb secondary beat gain meter. Both (x86) and (x64) Reaper 3.72. XP64.

-a
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkima View Post
I've also noticed this weird behavior:

no matter what I've set the secondary gain to, then save as default project settings (with metronome enabled and the Metronome Volume turned right down @-inf dB) - Once I've loaded a new project the secondary gain slider will appear as though it's also turned right down while displaying that weird -1.#JdB Also the volume slider and its meter doesn't visually update when adjusting the assigned CC controller (with the metronome window open).

So no sound for the other beats until I've moved the SG slider by mouse.

added:
ps lucky_bleeder, Mercado -I'll check back later and put it on the tracker if that'll help..
Thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=68171
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Confirmed
Priority 4
Affected Version 3.672
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)