Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

New actions: move cursor to the begin of selected item and move cursor to the end of selected item Issue Tools
issueid=243 06-22-2009 12:56 AM
Human being with feelings
New actions: move cursor to the begin of selected item and move cursor to the end of selected item

As title says, would be nice to have two new inbuild actions: move cursor to the begin of selected item and move cursor to the end of selected item.

This actions might be very useful for creation custom actions that won't change time selection. Currently operations like this works only through changing time selection.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.04
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 7
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-22-2009 01:08 AM

They are already in there.

06-22-2009 01:38 AM

Nope, it isn't. Sounds similar, but they do different thing.

Imagine that editing cursor is placed before the selected item. Press Ctrl+] and cursor jumps to the begin of selected item. This happens because the begin of selected item is the nearest edge of item to the right from editing cursor. Then press Ctrl+] again and now cursor jumps to the end of selected item, because now, when cursor is already placed in the begin of selected item, the nearest edge to the right is the end of item.

My idea is to have an actions that will easily allow to place editing cursor to the end or to the begin of selected item no matter where editing cursor is placed.

Sorry for my bad english, if I wasn't clear enough I'll make a video for you! :)
06-22-2009 02:11 AM

You're right. Those actions should be modified to go to the left/right side of the item regardless of position.

Quite an easy macro if you want it now though (on windows), without losing your time selection. I mapped it to the same keys ( Ctrl-[ and Ctrl-] ):

http://shup.com/Shup/175203/Got-to-S...ected-Item.rar

btw you need reaper_sws.dll in Reaper/plugins for these to work (PC only).
06-22-2009 05:52 AM

Big thanks for a workaround, Bevosss! Great macro.

Still hope this actions will be added natively though.
06-22-2009 09:59 AM

Posts like this express users requesting native features instead of work arounds, and would fit right into the topic of Area Selection:

http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=122
06-22-2009 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empires
Big thanks for a workaround, Bevosss! Great macro.

Still hope this actions will be added natively though.
Me too, a modification to the current actions would work for me.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue