Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

Reaper 3.301 Bug saving patches in UHBIK Issue Tools
issueid=2044 02-17-2010 04:46 AM
Human being with feelings
Reaper 3.301 Bug saving patches in UHBIK
saving patches in UHBIK

When saving patches in UHBIK by Urs Heckmann I'm getting strange behaviour:

MAC OSX 10.5.8 Intel core 2 duo 2.4 GHZ 1GB ram

Reaper 3.301

When saving a patch I can't input text into the text fields, strangely I can drag text from one of the other input fields and save the patch with the appended name..

This is a repeatable bug, when I try the same thing in another host "Numerology 2.2" by five12 I can input text and save patches without problem..

When saving patches with Surge 1.5.3 Vember audio, I can save and rename patches in Reaper 3.301 no problem so the problem centers right now on UHBIK, and most probalby ACE as well though I haven't checked that out yet..

Regards

Wade
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Confirmed
Priority 3
Affected Version 3.301
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-17-2010 05:52 AM
Administrator

Do you have the latest version of those plugins? We had some communication with Urs a while ago and there were some plugin updates that may have addressed this. I think the plugin in question at the time was ACE, so you might want to try the latest version of ACE to see if it has the same problem. If ACE has the problem, we'll investigate more on the Reaper side, if ACE doesn't have the problem, UHBIK may not yet have been updated.
02-17-2010 05:55 AM

I think Uhbik 1.1 (beta???) was made available after ACE and after the changes for keyboard shortcuts. Are you trying with 1.1?

- Mario
02-17-2010 07:20 AM

I'm using UHBIK 1.1 not a beta, and ACE 1.0 both have the patch naming problem, strangely I can drag text from one of the other text input fields within the save pane and then save the appended patch name, but I can't enter text!!! I've tried this function in Numerology 2.2 and entering text in the UHBIK patch save panel works..

Also I can rename and save patches with the Surge 1.5.3 vst no problem, so the issue lies with the way Urs has structured his patch management system and how that meshes with the Reaper keyboard input interface..

Regards

Wade
02-17-2010 07:51 AM

I should add a couple of points;

Numerology uses AU, and after reading up on it I'v chosen to use VST's in reaper.

I've recently updated the firmware in my mac aluminum bluetooth keyboard

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue