Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

Maximizing selected track in folder compact views doesn't work properly Issue Tools
issueid=1809 12-29-2009 11:39 AM
Human being with feelings
Maximizing selected track in folder compact views doesn't work properly

REAPER 3.161

Maximize/minimize selected track doesn't work for tracks which are in a folder which is in the minimized view(s)! The folder-track get's maximized instead.

See:
http://www.outburst-audio.com/maik/maximize-track-1.rpp (2,8 kB)

-> load it (Track 2 is already selected)
-> toggle the track zoom to maximum height with your keycommand

=> Track 2 doesn't get maximized properly!

Same for this one:
http://www.outburst-audio.com/maik/maximize-track-2.rpp (2,8 kB)

-> load it (Track 2 is already selected)
-> toggle the track zoom to maximum height with your keycommand

=> Track 2 doesn't get maximized properly!

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=11041
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Confirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 3.16
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-29-2009 02:14 PM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

I think this is intentional for *fully collapsed* folder tracks, they were probably collapsed that far because you don't need/want to see them and Reaper respects that. If you want to get collapsed child tracks maximized as well, expand the folder one level.
12-29-2009 02:40 PM

I doubt that this is intentional. The tracks can be selected on each view too. So they also should behave normally. Expanding the folder one level doesn't help. Same bug. Only on "large view" it's fine.

Just try this:

-> add two tracks
-> make the first a folder
-> minimize the view one step
-> try to maximize track 2

=> WEIRD result. Not useful.
12-29-2009 02:55 PM

When a folder is collapsed one level you can still change children vertical zoom by dragging. If I collapsed a folder is because I don't need to focus my attention on those tracks anymore so zooming in/out vertically shouldn't change that. Collapsed means to me: 'I'm done with this'.
12-29-2009 09:31 PM

Ok for you. But the result is WEIRD. Don't you see it? What's the problem of maximizing the selected track properly instead of the current useless maximizing?
12-29-2009 10:01 PM

Now I get it, sorry. I misunderstood your explanation. You're correct, collapsed folders' children should be maximized, if when the action 'Toggle track zoom to maximum height' is ran. In fact, zooming in/out, max to min and viceversa doesn't work properly. First of all, since this is a toggle tracks should go back to their previous vertical zoom when the action is ran again. Devs should look at how Reaper handles such things eventually, there are lots of quirks here and there.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue