Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

Multi-channel plugins (VST + AU) with multiple i/o options (n2n, 2>2, 2>8, etc) don't load properly Issue Tools
issueid=3919 01-31-2012 01:04 PM
Human being with feelings
Multi-channel plugins (VST + AU) with multiple i/o options (n2n, 2>2, 2>8, etc) don't load properly
I expect reaper to check the output count of a track, its input count, and choose the right version

Hello

I love Reaper, but I cannot use it (neither can my students) because AU plugins which have multiple i/o count declaration don't load properly. Neither do some VST like Altiverb.

I expect that if an output has 4 inputs and 4 outputs to have Altiverb XL to load in quad, like it does in all the other DAWs I've used. In Reaper, it is stereo. I tried the vst and the same behaviour happen.

Kontakt in AU does the same, but in VST it published 3 copies of the plug (8, 16 and 64).

Can you please sort multichannel support? I am very aware that this might be a plugin issue, but I don't know why it works in all the other DAWs...

Thank you very much for your help

pa

---------------------------
Discussion thread:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=141233
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 4.15
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-17-2014 10:02 PM
Human being with feelings

I confirm this bug. It is not possible to use Audio Units with more than 2 ch out.

To reproduce:

1. On a Mac, running "auval -v aufx dely appl" from Terminal shows that the built-in AUDelay audio unit supports any number of input/output channels, as long as number of inputs = number of outputs (see screenshot).

2. Create a new track in Reaper with 4 channels.

3. Add AUDelay as an effect.

Clicking the 2in 2out plug-in pin connector shows that the AU is only 2 channels out (see screenshot).

My configuration: Mac OSX 10.9.3, Reaper 4.62.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue