Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

inconsistencies in the way plugin parameters are being sent our as OSC messages on project load Issue Tools
issueid=4626 01-28-2013 04:40 PM
Human being with feelings
inconsistencies in the way plugin parameters are being sent our as OSC messages on project load
different plug types (AU vs VST/JS) behave differently in regards to sending their initial state as OSC messages on project load

When an OSC control surface is active and a project is loaded AU plugins will send out values of their parameters as OSC messages. JS and VST plugins will only output values of parameters, which have an active automation lane.

I guess that the behaviour of the AU plugins is a bug, however I would like to suggest that this behaviour could be controlled by the user for all plugin types. So I would suggest to add an option (either in preferences, or in the ReaperOSC file), which would allow two options:
1. send all values of all plugins parameters on project load
2. sned only values for automated parameters

The above behaviours would obviously respect the DEVICE_TRACK_COUNT, DEVICE_FX_COUNT, DEVICE_FX_PARAM_COUNT and DEVICE_FX_INST_PARAM_COUNT settings.
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 4.32
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)