Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

Countin stop midi monitor Issue Tools
issueid=4188 06-10-2012 07:41 AM
Human being with feelings
Countin stop midi monitor
One wants live monitor to the synth pass all the time if on(track is armed for recording).

Discuss it here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=103075

If armed for record I think it should be passed through if monitor is on.

One wants live monitor to the synth pass all the time if on(track is armed for recording).

I tested on record, have not tried coutin on playback if track is not armed. Midi monitor never works unless track is armed for recording as I remember.

I have not tested audio record if same thing. But monitor better work all the way if armed for record and monitor on.

Thanks.
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Confirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 4.22
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-11-2012 07:33 AM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Sorry for the trouble! Please post bugs/help requests in the appropriate forums first, not here in the issue tracker (a database for confirmed/confirmable REAPER bugs). Alas we can't move things between the tracker and the forums.

Actually, count-in works that way. I think what could be seen as the bug here is that pre-roll doesn't let you monitor the track MIDI input like it does for audio input.
06-21-2012 12:29 AM
Human being with feelings

Sorry, it's very confusing the procedure you've got for reporting.

I posted a link to where the discussion is held - now that is wrong too.

Do you guys move stuff from Bugtracker?
When would we - userbase - post here?

As I try to put relevant priority on reports - this is not a showstopper, but I consider it wrong, why suddenly monitoring stops while counting in.
06-21-2012 08:02 AM

Actually I didn't mean to post the template here but I didn't have the required amount of coffee yet when I replied, sorry. Then I failed to reproduce the issue, and it took me quite a while trying to figure out why (maybe a stroke or something). However, monitoring works for preroll and count-in in v3, so it's a bug. Thank you for the report and sorry for the confusion!
07-03-2012 10:56 PM

Bump!

(I have a license to bump stuff in here and was trained to do that, I'm what they call an expert! Never try that at home! :))

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue