Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

"Apply Track FX as a new take" to support "Online Rendering" Issue Tools
issueid=181 06-18-2009 06:49 PM
Human being with feelings
"Apply Track FX as a new take" to support "Online Rendering"
so finally is possible to use this option even with hardware synths and/or hardware inserts/FXs

Hi, the "Apply Track FX as a new take" is a wonderful feature of Reaper to convert midi parts to their audio counterpart, but sadly... it doesnt allow to do it as ONLINE RENDERING (realtime rendering) so no way to use it in the most useful mode: HARDWARE SYNTHS RENDER or/and HARDWARE INSERTS RENDER.

Would be great to have this option to allow "Online Rendering" too, will help a lot.
Please dont tell me to route and record the wave, is NOT the same, having it as a take is the best workflow because then you can simply keep the midi and the audio always together as two takes and, if needed for reviews of the sound, just re-apply the track FX as a new take...

Let's give some love to hardware synths/inserts!
My analog stuffs are waiting for this feature!

Discussion thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=60406
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Suggested
Priority 3
Suggested Version 3.04
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 44
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-21-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
Yeah this is planned but it'll be a bit...

My suggestion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstruct View Post
If an enabled instance of ReaInsert is on a track, Reaper should automatically render the FX online in realtime when using "Apply FX" - even if "Limit apply FX/render to stems in realtime" is disabled in the preferences!
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=27595
03-03-2010 02:13 AM

That would only be applicable to effects really and not synths. I understand ReaInsert was not really designed to be used with hardware synths.
05-03-2010 01:10 AM

This would be really useful for using the hardware based fx plugin for my emu 1616m. (Emu Power Fx). It would also help people with line6 podfarm etc.
06-27-2010 08:24 PM

There is this idea.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue