Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Load/save buttons not accesible in Virus Ti Issue Tools
issueid=1888 01-17-2010 05:14 AM
Human being with feelings
Load/save buttons not accesible in Virus Ti
When I click on them with the mouse nothing happens

Ti version 3.03

When you click on the load and save buttons a popup should appear to do the job but in Reaper it's not (is in other hosts so this is reaper specific afaik)
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Not a Reaper Bug
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 3.2
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-17-2010 07:46 AM
Administrator

Plugins manage their own GUI, I'm not sure how Reaper could prevent a plugin from showing a popup window even if we wanted to...
01-17-2010 08:09 AM

Well somehow it is - I don't have this problem in my other hosts (Cantabile, Podium etc). Just tried updating the plugin to the latest beta and it has the same problem. Very peculiar.
01-18-2010 07:37 AM
Administrator

The best I can guess is that the plugin is somehow not handling its parenting correctly. Reaper does embed plugin GUIs as child windows, and Reaper places other controls (the VST program dropdown, param button, etc) on the same parent window, perhaps that particular plugin is assuming it will be the only child of its host window. In any case, it's the plugin's behavior, it's not something Reaper can do anything about as far as I can tell.

Even if we just wanted to observe the behavior, I don't think we could do so without having the hardware, is that correct?
01-18-2010 11:36 AM

I checked with Access - it seems there's a known issue with Windows not supporting more than 16000 entries in a popup menu - seems like the last update had also installed a ton of extra presets including complete backup sets for the TI1, TI2 and TI Snow. Don't know why it wasn't affecting all hosts but removing those backup patches has resolved it (maybe it was sort of on the edge and some hosts are more conservative with honouring Windows gui requirements than others?).

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue