Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

automation bug using Zebra 2.5 VST in Reaper 3.73 Issue Tools
issueid=3098 11-28-2010 08:06 AM
Human being with feelings
automation bug using Zebra 2.5 VST in Reaper 3.73

As I posted in this KVR forum thread,

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=303406

moving the lo shelf, mid1 or mid2 buttons in Zebra's EQ will cause the hi shelf buton to move to a different location, or disappear entirely. According to Zebra's developer, Urs Heckmann....

"Well, someone should notify Reaper devs...

Here's what happens:

Some advanced ui controls will send gesture notifications for multiple parameters. A good example are XY-controls. Another example may be interactive EQ controls. My EQ-control may send automation data for up to 20 parameters at once. Hosts have to be prepared for this, and any host that confuses the parameters must be fixed. This is for instance the case if the host sends parameter values associated with one of the first parameters in the list back as if associated with the last parameters."
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 3.73
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-28-2010 02:19 PM
Administrator

I'm not terribly familiar with this synth, and I can't reproduce the issue by naively moving the EQ nodes around. Would you be able to attach a very simple REAPER project that has Zebra loaded into in a state that is ready to demonstrate the bug, with specific instructions (like "drag node 1 left" or similar)?

[edit] I am able to reproduce the problem.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue