Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Serious problem with selecting envelope points makes automation nearly unusable Issue Tools
issueid=5405 10-26-2014 12:50 PM
Human being with feelings
Serious problem with selecting envelope points makes automation nearly unusable
It's very difficult to select points

My attempts to make envelope point selections in Reaper is a constant source of grief, frustration, and anger.

Making a simple selection has failed tens of thousands of times. It happens many times per day.
I try to position my selection perfectly so it doesn't go beyond the edge of the lane, yet it still often fails. It is just upsetting.

It is driving me crazy. Please help me.

The automation is so hard to use.

Discussion thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=148070
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 4.73
Closed Version 4.76
Yes votes 4
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-26-2014 03:43 PM
Human being with feelings

There are two versions to the solution:

Version A:
1. If points are selected which lie only within a single lane THEN select those points, and then select that lane, regardless of the shape or position of the selection rectangle.
2. If points are selected across multiple lanes THEN select those points in each lane, and then auto-activate the lane where the mouse cursor was first clicked.

Version B:
1. Always select all points that were selected across multiple lanes, and always auto-activate the lane where the mouse cursor was first clicked.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue