Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

Renaming Source Media / Bug Issue Tools
issueid=4344 09-06-2012 11:55 AM
Human being with feelings
Renaming Source Media / Bug
Renaming a file in the Project Bay Source Media tab and undoing this afterwards creates lost media.

Within the Project Bay window under the "Source Media" tab. When you right click for a context menu and choose "rename file". The actual process of renaming works fine. The actual media file is renamed and represented as such in the source media window. HOWEVER, if after this you "COMMAND+Z" (on a mac pro) to undo this option, clip namess in the timeline undo, the file name under "source media" tab reverts to previous name BUT the actual file in the project folder does not revert back. The result is "OFFLINE" media notice where the clip resides on the time line and in the Project Bay Source Media tab an "unavailable" status. At this point... nothing seems to be correctable within Reaper.

This has been reproduce able on 8 different laptops and two mac pros thus far. I've been gradually slipping Reaper into classes the past few years and with the introduction of the Project Bay I was able to have it brought into classes at the Graduate School I teach at. This semester I have 200 students using it and this issue in particular has spread very fast.
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Confirmed
Priority 3
Affected Version 4.26
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-16-2012 10:25 PM

no one else has come across this issue?
09-17-2012 08:02 AM

I tested it and can confirm.

Win XP32 SP3, Reaper v4.27pre8
09-17-2012 08:50 AM

thanks for verifying this nofish! hopefully this gets fixed.
09-23-2012 05:09 PM

Yes I remember having this, and confirm!
09-23-2012 11:18 PM

Hey guys,
Discussion in the bug report forum:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...37#post1042137

Please be a little vocal about it and we can get it fixed. Thanks

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue