Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Open Bug

MH channelstrip 3 not recognized in old projects Issue Tools
issueid=4581 01-13-2013 01:21 PM
Human being with feelings
MH channelstrip 3 not recognized in old projects
in old projects cs3 should be taking the place of cs2

Having upgraded from Metric Halo's CS2 to CS3, expected behavior (according to Metric Halo) should be that in old projects CS3 should be taking the place wherever CS2 is used.

According to the Metric Halo Developer it should::

###
I think that it is a bug in Reaper; it works properly in other hosts.

We changed the name of the plugin between ChannelStrip 2 and ChannelStrip 3 and that seems to be confusing reaper; it should not be -- that is simply user-visible descriptive text and should not be treated as meta-data for identifying the plugin.

I believe that this has been reported to Cockos, but please feel free to report it again; you can give them my email if they want to discuss it.
###

Be very happy with a solution cause manual disabling the one or the other is quite a bit cumbersome.

Repeatability: always
Channelstrip: Version 3
Reaper Version: 4.31

Thanks,

Jeroen
Issue Details
Issue Type Open Bug
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Confirmed
Priority 3
Affected Version 4.31
Fixed Version (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-22-2013 03:19 PM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Is this happening with the VST or the AU version?

Edith says: It's AU.
04-01-2013 06:45 AM

Concurring, there is no vst version (yet)

Jeroen
09-02-2013 07:08 AM

Hi, disappointed this could not be taken into 4.51
Seems like a small issue but nevertheless with great impact. Please take it into the next release.

Jeroen Visser
09-02-2013 07:12 AM

It will happen when it happens...

In the meantime, I'm very sure you can manually edit .RPP files in a text editor and rename the plugin that gets loaded with the newer version of it. That's how I do it for Kontakt, for example (when I uninstalled K3 and then moved all my projects to K4... took seconds to batch find-replace text in all .RPPs, really).
09-09-2013 05:13 AM

It sure does happen when it will.

As I said I was just disappointed about a recognized bug, which is *non-standard* to the treatment of plugins, was not in the latest release. So I would personally consider the severity of this bug somewhere medium, to prevent a workaround becoming the standard. Unless you want to change the status of this bug to 'Live with it'.

Having said that, maybe the Metric Halo CS3 users encountering the same problem as I did (or maybe the bash-scripters could modify this to their needs) would benefit from the following:

<Code>
#!/bin/bash
# script to repair the failing load of the new version Metric Halo Channelstrip 3 in old version CS2 Reaper files
#
# Attention: this 'irrevocably' changes all the Reaper files (not the -bak) in the current directory (it does not descend)
# to use the Version 3 Channelstrip
#
# Use at your own risk :)
#
# To use:
# in a terminal cd to your path with the to be changed Reaper Project files
# type the full path to this file and be sure it's executable (chmod +x /.../.../CS3_Reaper.sh)
#
# in your home directory it would be something like ~/CS3_Reaper.sh
# wait until finished
#
# that's it

find . -maxdepth 1 -name '*.RPP' -type f -print0 | xargs -0 sed -i '' 's/'": ChannelStrip"'/'": MH ChannelStrip"'/g'
</Code>

Enjoy

Jeroen

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue