Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Auto-save for unsaved projects Issue Tools
issueid=5560 04-06-2015 09:43 AM
Human being with feelings
Auto-save for unsaved projects
Auto-save should include unsaved projects, and auto-save to some central folder until I save the project explicitly (which should move the backups then to the project name-induced location)

Auto-save should include unsaved projects, and it should auto-save to some central folder until I save the project explicitly (which should move the backups then to the project name-induced location).

This is helpful if the user has a creative rush starting a new project and forgetting about saving entirely while jamming etc. - see discussion for detailed reasoning.

The preferences could hold an additional setting for a folder for such unsaved project backups, and a checkbox to disable it for those who don't feel they need it.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Stability
Status Suggested
Priority 7
Suggested Version 4.77
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 6
Users who would not use this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-06-2015 09:49 AM

Please note someone in the discussion suggested that for Mac OS X it should use the present system facilities to do this rather than its own system: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202255

Since I am not an Apple user I have no opinion on this but I wanted to point it out.
05-22-2015 02:43 PM

already exists. simply enable the "additional directory" for backups and undo in the prefs. ;) but i do like the idea of using the additional directory only until a true project directory is created.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue