Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Orphan window pin leftover Issue Tools
issueid=4829 05-28-2013 10:45 PM
Human being with feelings
Orphan window pin leftover
Window pin remains visible after a window is closed

I am unable to reproduce this bug at this time, but I've spotted these leftover pins enough times to feel the need to report it.

My system: Reaper v4.402/x64 on Dual-display Windows 7 x64 with latest critical updates.

The pin in the above screenshot happened to belong to the docker when detached from the main window. The gray background is the desktop. After re-opening the docker, the pin was "re-absorbed" by the docker and was no longer left floating around. I don't know if this only happens with the docker window or also with, say, the mixer and plugin windows, although I'm positive I've never seen more than 1 orphan pin at a time.

Whether this should be fixed is another question. I think the whole pinnable windows thing is not the best way to manage windows. As has been requested elsewhere on the forum, we need the sort of window hierarchy that Studio One sports, thus removing the need for pins:

(bottom) Main window < Mixer < MIDI editor < Plugins |Item properties | Prefs (... etc) < Exclusive focus windows (top-most)
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 3
Affected Version 4.402
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-03-2013 02:50 PM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Sorry for the trouble! Please post bugs/help requests in the appropriate forums first. This is the issue tracker, a database for confirmed/confirmable REAPER bugs, and if there's no recipe to reproduce it, it shouldn't be in here.

Alas we can't simply move things between the tracker and the bug report forum. If you get this again and have more info on how to reproduce the issue, can you repost this in the forum for further investigation, please? Thanks!
06-03-2013 06:52 PM
Human being with feelings

Oops... sorry 'bout that!

Re-posted here:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...24#post1189824

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue