Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

4 Request Issue Tools
issueid=4702 03-12-2013 08:38 AM
Human being with feelings
4 Request

I have 4 simple requests:

1. Please make a feature that allows copies/takes to go where they were originally saved. For instance... If I have a drum track and I wanted to apply a flange to that drum track and I had it saved to my local C drive/Drum tracks then I can have the option of allowing, where the drum flanged track gets saved. Even if it's a preference setting in the media tab. I do not believe setting up a project settings folder is the answer. It is not fair that you don't allow more control. Also the glueing option relabels the audio as the date? Why? It's so confusing... I know you can relabel something but who wants to do that a hundred or more times?

2. Tempo change: This is a huge bug in your software that needs to be addressed... If you speed up audio by holding down alt while left clicking and dragging the mouse right and then coping the audio directly below, the audio is flangy... It should null but doesn't, it should be louder or stacked but louder. The only way around it is to glue both takes. Again back to my first requests, things start getting messy, things end up relabelled as dates, scattered... I thought you were a software that values non destructive editing?

3. Group and tempo change - It would be handy to be able to group your entire project and then time shift the whole thing faster or slower. Taking note of the above request.

4. Grouping: You can group things but everything is locked. Is there a way to allow an item to move freely from track to track, while grouped with everything else?

Please let us know what you can do...
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version 4.32
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 0
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-12-2013 08:53 AM
Human being with feelings

One topic per request, please.

Also, allow first discussion to happen about your requests in the forum before posting in the tracker.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue