Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Project 's tracks as destinations in Media Explorer output routing Issue Tools
issueid=153 06-17-2009 04:29 PM
Human being with feelings
Project 's tracks as destinations in Media Explorer output routing
The Media Explorer already allows you to route previewed audio to physical outputs or Rearoute, if available. I'd like the ability to route the preview audio to a track in the loaded project which has some metering and analysis effects loaded.

I'd like to be able to route audio played using the Media Explorer to an existing track in the loaded project since I usually have some analysis and metering effects loaded.
Thanks.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.04
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 12
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-17-2009 04:52 PM

This is a good idea. What about "tagging" a channel in the project as a preview channel?
06-17-2009 04:54 PM

What do you mean by 'tagging'?
06-17-2009 06:36 PM

I already do something like this with a loopback on my soundcard that outputs from the Media Explorer and feeds into a record armed track in Reaper.

+1
06-17-2009 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cebec
What do you mean by 'tagging'?
Right-click "Set channel as Preview channel", tag it for that specific job and nothing else.
06-18-2009 01:03 AM

I must admit, at first I thought "Why?" as there was plenty of choice for sending the preview signal out, but processing it in a track while auditioning it would be helpful for sound design purposes.

+1
06-18-2009 01:26 AM

I requested this also ages ago, I'd think just using ReaRoute routing should do it, but you need to Rearoute out to an application and back to the track you want...a bit cumbersome. I'd rather specify Rearoute 3+4, and set the track input to 3+4, and it works. A specific track destination avoiding Rearoute would prob be even better.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue