Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Active sensing display Issue Tools
issueid=908 08-10-2009 05:22 AM
Human being with feelings
Active sensing display

Current MIDI Active Sensing is shown in a confusing way.

-> if you select a MIDI input with receive from "All channels" then Active Sensing is displayed as blinking indicator

-> if you select a MIDI input with receive from a dedicated channel ("Channel 1" for example) then Active Sensing is not displayed

Requests:

1. Same behaviour for all channel "modes" to avoid confusion. SOLVED

2. An option to enable/disable the Active Sensing display globally
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category MIDI recording and playback
Status Suggested
Priority 9
Suggested Version 3.07
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 0
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-10-2009 06:45 AM

By "Active Sensing" do you mean the red square in the meters?

If so, it works as expected here. So I must be misunderstanding what you've said.
08-10-2009 06:50 AM

No, not the red square as such but the red square showing "Active Sensing" activity.

http://www.sweetwater.com/expert-cen...-ActiveSensing
08-10-2009 06:53 AM

OK, I understand now. I'll pass then, as my MIDI devices do not send that particular MIDI message.
08-10-2009 06:57 AM
Administrator

Well ... active sensing (and sysex and other meta-events) is not a channel message. Active sensing specifically might get blocked at some point in the track signal path, but using sysex as an example, a track monitoring all channels will show sysex activity in the track meter and pass incoming sysex messages to track plugins and track output, but a track monitoring a specific channel will not show sysex activity and not pass sysex messages.

In other words I think the meter is accurately telling you what events are actually passing through.
08-10-2009 07:27 AM

Really? Because Justin changed it sometime ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
OK making it so that sysex/realtime messages get filtered any time you have a channel filter set..
So it seems REAPER isn't displaying Active Sense activity when having a dedicated channel set.
08-10-2009 08:04 AM
Administrator

Sounds like Justin and I are on the same page. Some miscommunication happening here though. If you specify that you only want to hear messages on a specific channel, then you do not hear messages that do not belong to a specific channel (such as sensing and sysex).

What is the feature request? To choose to hear system messages (messages that have no channel component) even when you specify that you want to listen only to a specific channel?
08-10-2009 08:08 AM

Ok, then Justin "fixed" it right.

So only request 2 is open ...

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue