Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Preload screen for multichannel FX Issue Tools
issueid=412 06-30-2009 04:23 AM
Human being with feelings
Preload screen for multichannel FX
The way Sonar does it, for example...

Sometimes I don't want to use all 32 outputs Kontakt offers me, sometimes I don't want REAPER to create all those tracks that are soon gonna be deleted. It would be nice to have a window, before loading the VST, that asks if we want to have full outputs available, or just the first stereo output.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Suggested
Priority 3
Suggested Version 3.04
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 6
Users who would not use this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-05-2009 02:11 PM

IMO it would be better to still create the routings in this case. REAPER should only HIDE the "unwanted" channels. This way you can get them back more easily later!
07-05-2009 02:28 PM

Just click [Cancel] on the Routing Confirmation window.
07-05-2009 05:36 PM

Perhaps renaming the 'Cancel' button to something better is a good idea. "Stereo" or "No extra tracks/routing" ?
08-30-2009 01:04 AM

Renaming the buttons would be enough.

"OK" -> "Create multitrack routing"
"Cancel" -> "Create stereo routing"
08-30-2009 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dstruct
IMO it would be better to still create the routings in this case. REAPER should only HIDE the "unwanted" channels. This way you can get them back more easily later!
Just hiding is a bad idea because each track you create in Reaper uses CPU if it be used or not ;)
Hiding and disabling would just be the same as not actually having them anyway so would be useless too

NAS
08-30-2009 08:12 AM

I wonder why nobody suggested a "build user defined number mono/stereo outputs" of multitrack routing option, either as a preload screen like suggested in the FR and/or in the "build multichannel routing for selected FX" dialog. This could then be one stereo, all 32 outputs (in case of Kontakt) or something in between.
It's often that I want to use say 10 outputs and, unless I do it manually I have to let Reaper build all available outputs and delete the unneeded ones by hand. This would also cover the original FR imo. (Correct me if I misunderstood something)
08-30-2009 08:26 AM

I have voted and agree with evildragon that the current ok and cancel buttons are not descriptive enough of what the program is going to do next for you
08-30-2009 08:45 AM

You might like to vote for this consolidated issue: :)
http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=424

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue