Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

MIDI Editor: Rename CC Lanes Issue Tools
issueid=1773 12-21-2009 08:50 AM
Human being with feelings
MIDI Editor: Rename CC Lanes

* Request
-- edit the names for the CC message lanes in the MIDI Editor
-- save and load .txt files containing the list of 128 CC names.

* Benefit
Allows the use of meaningful, relevant names for the CC messages, especially for some VSTi with their own CC# to parameter mapping (Kontakt, SampleTank, etc) and those VST(i) that use their own mapping of CC message numbers.

That way when you return to the project you will not have to search around to find out what knobs you are controlling. The information will be visible on-screen immediately.

* Reason
At the moment the CC lanes have the generic General MIDI names, and these may not be pertinent to the actual usage of the CC messages by the VST(i).

Say you are using CC56 and have assigned it in the VSTi to a parameter. Currently you would see "56" in the MIDI Editor. Wouldn't it be much better if it said "MMoog Pitch" or "AmpEnv Attack" or "Punch" or ...?

* Implementation Suggestion
-- similar to the Note Naming feature used for the Piano Roll keyboard
-- Edit name, Save and Load CCNames file

<< Image dropped by ImageShack >>

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon
Better yet, CC lane names should be merged with note names file - this would be great for a lot of VSTs!
* Link to Discussion
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=23675
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.15
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 102
Users who would not use this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags CC, CC lane

12-21-2009 01:03 PM
-blänk-

Please consider integrating note names, CC names and bank/patch names in a single file. (maybe *.reaname? :D) Would save people from loading 3 files for a single instrument.
06-29-2017 09:46 PM
Human being with feelings

If I'm not mistaken I believe this one has been sorted out in the latest pre release. I could be wrong but I vaguely remember someone commenting on this.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue