Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Ability to have a custom meter for the metronome Issue Tools
issueid=23 06-13-2009 07:26 AM
Human being with feelings
Ability to have a custom meter for the metronome
When working in compound time signatures, it is still useful to lock the metronome to crotchets rather than quavers

As the summary says, really. Pro Tools handles this brilliantly, but I still think Reaper could make it better.

How about with the time signature markers, we are able to also specify the meter for the metronome; that way, it isn't fixed for the entire project, and can be adjusted as needed for a particular region of a song.

Discussion thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=78147
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version 3.03
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 20
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-16-2009 12:05 PM

DP has this feature and it is useful.

If this FR is not implemented I would suggest that REAPER's defaults here could be improved in any case.

6/8 should click on the 1st and the 4th eighth, likewise 9/8 and 12/8 should click once every 3 eighths. - this is standard musical behavior.
06-16-2009 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by semiquaver
DP has this feature and it is useful.

If this FR is not implemented I would suggest that REAPER's defaults here could be improved in any case.

6/8 should click on the 1st and the 4th eighth, likewise 9/8 and 12/8 should click once every 3 eighths. - this is standard musical behavior.
ummm... that behavior is standard for classical western music. Actually if we can choose clicks which beats of measure it clicking would be wonderfull.
E.g. Fine Metronome metering options. http://www.finemetronome.com/

sorry for bad English.
06-17-2009 09:54 AM

yes, my point is that as this is standard, that beats every third eighth should be the defaults for 6/8 9/8 12/8.

just to make it clear to the devs:

6/8 means two groups of three eighths each. 3/4 means 3 groups of two eighths each. etc.

so the flexibility for most usual click patterns can be achieved just by setting the defaults correctly.

for odd meters, more is needed though. a 7/8 bar might be counted 3+2+2 or 2+3+2 or 2+2+3 ...

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue