Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Actions to adjust snap settings, when snap does not follow grid visibility Issue Tools
issueid=126 06-17-2009 06:15 AM
Human being with feelings
Actions to adjust snap settings, when snap does not follow grid visibility

-- edit: having just had another look at the way this is implemented, I'm tempted to re-post it as a bug. The way various bits (in grid settings and actions) are named really doesn't lend itself to being usable! --

Snap settings can either follow the grid or not.

You can see the options here:

If you set snap to not follow grid, things work as expected. However, the actions which are used to change the grid do *only* this--change the grid:

I would find it extremely useful if there were a separate group of actions; basically the same lot, but called "Snap: ...", and *only* affecting the snap settings.

Presumably, these actions would have no effect on snap settings if snap was set to follow grid.

I must say, it *feels* buggy, that snap settings cannot be altered (by actions) when snap is disconnected from grid.

One reason I consider this FR very important is that it allows users to have a less cluttered arrange view by drastically reducing the number of vertical grid lines, yet maintaining (and being able to control) varying snap levels. (In my workflow, I change these constantly, with keyboard shortcuts like those in the screenshot above.)

(
It would also be helpful to add a couple of actions to this, such as:

- Set snap to follow grid
- Set snap to not follow grid
- Toggle snap follow grid

- Set snap from current grid
- Set grid from current snap (this would only work in not-following mode)
)

Thanks.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Insufficient Votes
Priority 3
Affected Version 3.04
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 1
No votes 0