Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Media Explorer doesn't show time indicator on some files Issue Tools
issueid=61 06-14-2009 05:30 PM
Human being with feelings
Media Explorer doesn't show time indicator on some files

For some files no time indicator shown here (all 48kHz 32bit float WAV and WavPack files here) in Media Explorer. For some files it works. Dunno why.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Fixed
Priority 4
Affected Version 3.02
Closed Version 3.03
Yes votes 1
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-15-2009 04:00 AM

In many cases, the duration column isn't even shown.

Sometimes I have to manually add it, even when there are MP3 files present. When I do I get :

MP3 files have a duration shown.
WAV, Wavpack, OGG and Flac have none.
06-15-2009 04:10 AM

What "duration column"? I'm talking about the indicator at the right next to the waveform display. It definitely should work for all supported file types. For some WAV files it already works. For others it doesn't.
06-15-2009 08:32 AM
Administrator

Airon is taking about the duration column that you can choose to display in the explorer view. That column is handled by the Windows shell, if the media type has a duration tag that Windows understands, it will display, if not, there's nothing we can do about it (it's not practical for Reaper to actually read in all the media in a folder to get its duration before the user requests a preview).

The attached sample doesn't show a duration while playing simply because the filename is too long and the text field for duration doesn't stretch with the window. We'll fix this.
06-15-2009 09:03 AM

Thanks for the clarification.
06-15-2009 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa
We'll fix this.
Thanks!

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue