Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

"Count-in before recording" will not do the count-in when recording is restarted from pause Issue Tools
issueid=3221 02-03-2011 09:43 AM
Human being with feelings
"Count-in before recording" will not do the count-in when recording is restarted from pause
"Count-in before recording" will not do the count-in when recording is restarted from pause.

"Count-in before recording" will not do the count-in when recording is restarted from pause. In this case recording starts immediately, which I find to be a bug.

Issue exists in v3 and v4.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 2
Affected Version 3.73
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 2
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-04-2011 10:01 AM

It's not a bug... because it would prevent pausing/unpausing an running recording (e.g. live band, interview) instantly if it is counting in/prerolling again.
02-04-2011 11:17 AM
-blänk-

Please use this discussion thread for comments:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=678355

thanks
02-14-2011 03:02 AM

To reproduce this bug and clarify:

There are two scenarios currently.

1. You press record, count-in starts, then Reaper records.
2. You press "play/pause" - and Reaper goes into "record/pause" mode (Play, pause and record buttons are flashing)
3. You press "play pause" again - and record continues without prerolling.

And thats how it works currently and I don't wish to change that - it's OK for me. It has its uses (for recording and pausing without prerolling with metronome ON)

Scenario 2:
1. I press "play/pause" - music plays
2. I press "play/pause again" - Reaper is in "play / pause" mode - Play and pause buttons are flashing
3. I press "record" - Reaper starts recording without count-in and prerolling. And thats no good and should be fixed.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue