Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

ME: Easy access to Used CC etc messages Issue Tools
issueid=553 07-13-2009 07:08 AM
Human being with feelings
ME: Easy access to Used CC etc messages
... with a new drop-down list

* Request
A method of selecting any CC message numbers that have events

* Benefit
Easier to find CC messages, especially when returning to a MIDI Clip after some time

* Reason
Currently I need to go open the Event List to see which CC messages are present, possibly scroll down looking for them, then return to the Piano Roll and select the CC# in a controller lane.

* Implementation Suggestion
-- in energyXT, the drop-down list lists all the CCs (and Prog Changes, Bank Selects, Channel pressures etc)
-- the [...] button lists only the used elements

<< image dropped by ImageShack >>

In Reaper, there might be an additional button [|||] which pops up the list of used CC numbers in a drop-down list so you can choose the one you want:

<< image dropped by ImageShack >>
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version 3.05
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 53
Users who would not use this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags CC, MIDI Editor

07-13-2009 08:26 AM

I vote both for:

1) Used CCs appear different in the complete list (bold, or italic, or with asterisk or whatever)

2) Separate 'used CC' list like in the mockup, but with full CC names, not just numbers.
07-13-2009 08:42 AM
-blänk-

Another take on this same topic (Reaper 2.x pic):

I don't insist on the used CC list being a part of the same dropdown, but notice that used and visible CC are bold while used but non-visible CC are italic. The same concept is used in the full list as well.
I find this a huge help in Logics track automation lists. Of course this could as well be done with the dot and checkmark we have in Reapers envelope lists.

Another thought: At the moment clicking on that plus sign sprouts a lane with the same parameter as the one you clicked. Now I never want to have two lanes of the same CC. So it would be cool if the new created lane would show the next used CC instead.
For lazybones like me that would mean: Click repeatedly on that plus and eventually all used CC are shown.
(An action "show all used cc in lanes" would also be handy ;))
08-09-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofer
used and visible CC are bold while used but non-visible CC are italic
i would prefer different colors+bold, like here:
http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=720

also that FR have also markup for CC used in same Track but NOT inside same Item (that is even more useful when going on with the editing after you have already edited another item in that track and you have to go on over same parameters)
08-29-2009 11:28 AM

I think this is now implemented. There is small dot before every event which is used.

This may be old feature. I just noticed it ;)
08-29-2009 02:14 PM

Nope, that is not easier access - it just indicates which ones are in use. You still have to scroll through the whole list to get to the one you want.

i am looking for a filtered list that shows the used CCs ONLY.

-----------------
And the small dot is not very easy to see. I would prefer a clearer, bigger indication
09-06-2009 04:34 AM

yes, will be fine to show only the used controler.
11-03-2009 08:19 AM

why not move all used ones (bold) above the list in the dropdown?
that way they`re easiest accessible, and as they`re bold you can see that these are the used ones ...
11-04-2009 10:58 AM

Coming soon people!
12-28-2009 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArdeII
I think this is now implemented. There is small dot before every event which is used.

This may be old feature. I just noticed it ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar
Nope, that is not easier access - it just indicates which ones are in use. You still have to scroll through the whole list to get to the one you want.

I am looking for a filtered list that shows the used CCs ONLY.

-----------------
And the small dot is not very easy to see. I would prefer a clearer, bigger indication
. . ^^^ just to reiterate what I said.
08-17-2011 02:38 AM

yes please, make it happen. This actually keeps me form moving from my current DAW! Thx
11-18-2012 09:16 AM

My 2012 suggestion (and I prefer it);

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue