Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

Singular right-click menu item means instant access to that item Issue Tools
issueid=4633 01-30-2013 10:15 PM
Human being with feelings
Singular right-click menu item means instant access to that item
Ie. If I only have one menu item in my right-click menu for a particular object/window, there should no further clicks necessary than the initial right-click.

This seems like a logical thing to do.
For menu customisation, if there's only one option on the menu, right-clicking the requisite object should automatically bring up that one option, without any further clicks necessary.

For example,
say I wanted right-clicking on a midi object to ALWAYS bring up the midi item's properties (for some arbitrary reason), I could remove all other options from the menu for midi objects until only that option remained.

Or if I wanted only the item settings, I could remove everything except that option and then when right-clicking the midi object only the submenu for item settings would appear.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 4
Suggested Version 4.32
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 1
Users who would not use this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-01-2013 12:16 PM

don't think right clicking can work like that, but you have a variety of other ways to do it with a keyboard shortcut or in the mouse modifiers preferences. start a discussion thread if you need help, or any time you want to make another FR.
02-02-2013 06:10 PM

It certainly can work like that, if it's coded to do so.
In terms of what I want to do, a keyboard shortcut won't work.
I don't need help, but thanks-
02-03-2013 09:17 AM

And a shift right click could automatically select the first item in the context menu. That way you can create yourself a default context menu item.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue