Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Feature Request

multi-project manager Issue Tools
issueid=160 06-18-2009 07:54 AM
Human being with feelings
multi-project manager
way to manage and launch multiple projects

the idea is for a window from which the user can launch projects and "multi-projects"

multi-projects open multiple projects in tabs.

an action to "save all tabs to new multi-project" would be required.

if you have a project open, opening the manager window would display three kinds of files organized in seperate columns or folders: previous (or later) versions, backups, and associated multi-projects.

you could also navigate to other projects and view their associated versions, backups, and multi-projects.

this feature could be integrated into the kind of project manager described here: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=155 . this could be quite powerful if you could view for example audio files associated with different rpps for import etc etc.
Issue Details
Issue Type Feature Request
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Suggested
Priority 6
Suggested Version 3.04
Implemented Version (none)
Users who would use this feature 8
Users who would not use this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-18-2009 11:28 AM

Pretty big one.

Multi-project might as well be a tree-type object, unfolding the projects within, perhaps with some function buttons below that let you "Load to New Project Tab".

A list window beneath could display the media contents of the project you pick, so you can grab stuff and use it in other projects more easily.

And that whole thing, the Master Project(or something like that), the tree view, the contents display, would be a tab in the media management thing. That's one way I guess.

Here's an illustration for the idea.
06-29-2009 09:32 AM

I would very much love this! I've only just discovered that the tabbes project ability is much more than just a novelty. I use it while mixing several songs for the same album - it's so easy to check consistency, and it lets me master at the same time. I also have a tab or two for references of other commercial albums - it's really really great for this.

But opening and saving all tabs at once would be really nice. It gets a little tedious to open 6-7 projects every time I want to mix.
06-30-2009 05:26 AM

And I guess the same should be for automation when Automation Items will be done

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue