Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Glue Items with stretch markers Issue Issue Tools
issueid=4900 08-15-2013 01:53 PM
Human being with feelings
Glue Items with stretch markers Issue
Glued Items sound different from the original

When you Glue an Item with Stretch markers the resulting file will sound slightly different from the original.

I've done it with 7 tracks and SOME of it sounded different. It would not cancel it out with the reversed phase.

I tried to Glue and Render, but both would give me different results.

I managed to commit the stretch markers by rendering the stems ONLINE. Rendering it online I could cancel it out completly with the reversed phase.

Anyone had this issue? At least, there's a workaround...

thanks
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 4.402
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-15-2013 09:12 PM

this is not really a bug, it just is the difference between the pitch-shifting happening in real time, as opposed to on render.

I would guess that with most stretching algorithms, the non-realtime render will be a bit "better" than the realtime, on-the-fly version. However, it's certainly understandable to want to have the audio be exactly as you heard it, and want to commit the realtime version.

Perhaps this could be opened up for discussion for a FR instead? - to have an On-line Render option for Freeze / Glue etc. Eliminating the need to go through the render menu.
08-15-2013 10:40 PM

Hey James! thanks for your message!

I appreciate your explanation! But, isn't it weird?! Because, if the stretch markers have a realtime algorithm it should output a different result each time it is played back. So, why after rendering it online it cancels completly even playing it multiple times?

If one track has a commited file and the other has a real time stretch marker it would have to cancel it out differently in each playback.
08-15-2013 11:11 PM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Sorry for the trouble! Please post bugs suspects and help requests in the appropriate forums first, this is not a discussion forum.

This is the issue tracker, a database for confirmable (and confirmed in a previous forum discussion) REAPER bugs following a structure laid out here:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=36653
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue