Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Folder indent are not displayed on compacted folders Issue Tools
issueid=404 06-29-2009 05:45 PM
Human being with feelings
Folder indent are not displayed on compacted folders
When a folder is compacted the folder_indent graphics are not being used.

When a folder is compacted the folder_indent graphics are not being used, which is especially confusing when you have nested folders compacted.

[img]http://img10.**************/img10/1451/folderindentsmissing.png[/img]
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 3.05
Closed Version 3.05
Yes votes 2
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-29-2009 06:59 PM

I don't think this is a bug exactly - but it is certainly a confusing design so +1 for a fix
06-30-2009 01:19 AM

06-30-2009 07:36 AM

Fixed here in 3.05pre3, thanks
07-01-2009 08:00 AM

I would like to re-open this Issue.
=================================================
In v3,05 pre3 the new display of folder indents is looking much better.

There's a couple of tweaks needed though:
a) when the folder tracks are compacted, part of the folder_end.png is picked up - this can result in a graphics glitch in several themese - have a look at the last line just above the next track; that half-grey half-blue-green is from (about) the middle of the folder_end.png. It would look better if this were not used at all.

b) similar problems occur for two levels of compacted folders - have a look at the display just above track 15

c) when there are folders within folders and both levels are compacted then there is a jagged edge to the indents; this does not look good (to me) and I don't that it serves any useful purpose. It would look better if only one level of indent were shown.

The current displays are on the left. Mock-ups of the suggested tweaks are in the centre and on the right.

[IMG]http://img148.**************/img148/9944/r205pre3folderindents12.th.png[/IMG]

Big pic:
http://img148.**************/img148/9...rindents12.png
07-01-2009 08:02 AM

I moved this back to "Open Bugs" and altered the Status to "Confirmed".

I hope that that is OK.
07-01-2009 08:48 AM

This looks more like a FR than bugs (most of them are based on your opinion and likes). I like how it works now, seems pretty logical and it's visually ok to me. I'd change this to "Awaiting Feedback", what do you think?
07-01-2009 10:35 AM
Administrator

The suggestions are graphics tweaks. The bug is closed.
07-01-2009 10:55 AM
Administrator

... sorry, didn't mean to be abrupt. I do think the graphics at the start and end of collapsed folders-within-folders are a matter of taste. The "jagged" edge at the start of collapsed folders-within-folders is a compressed version of the folder start angle graphic, which looks fine to me and communicates information (the diagonal line runs across the collapsed folder track). I agree that the non-straight line at the bottom of collapsed folders-within-folders doesn't communicate anything useful, so we can suppress that.
07-02-2009 12:26 AM
-blänk-

Something crept in between pre3 and the release version :o

Now if you compact a folder, it will appear as if it is one level deeper as it actually is. A compacted first level folder will look as if it were second level and so on if that makes sense.
07-02-2009 12:53 AM

Yes, it makes sense ;) Thanks gofer

Actually I'll open a new issue to report it. Let's keep this as fixed.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue