Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

FX and send slots in TCP, just like in Mixer Issue Tools
issueid=4011 03-12-2012 06:39 PM
Human being with feelings
FX and send slots in TCP, just like in Mixer

I think it would be pretty cool to have these slots available in the TCP. It would make my workflow a little bit faster by helping me keep track of things.

I threw together a crappy rendition of it:

This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Duplicate
Priority 4
Affected Version 4.15
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 12
No votes 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-13-2012 04:44 AM

i agree, that would be very useful :)
03-14-2012 01:59 PM

It would at least be helpful to have the option to view the FX in the TCP like this. Set to a hotkey, it would make seeing what FX are on each track a breeze. Then again, you could just switch to the mixer view...
03-14-2012 04:47 PM

Yes!

I desperately want sends and fx (a la Sonar 8.5) as Walterable elements in the TCP please.

Child
03-14-2012 05:31 PM

only as an option pls
03-14-2012 05:43 PM

If you downvoted the FR just because of "only as an option pls", you did the wrong thing...
03-16-2012 05:21 AM

Just to add, it'd be really great if you could also edit where a send is sending with a drop-down on the slated TCP element, rather than is just being a level control.

Cheers,
Child
03-16-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon
If you downvoted the FR just because of "only as an option pls", you did the wrong thing...
no, its not me
03-16-2012 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon
It was me. Excuse me if it offends people who are interested in this, but I do not think of that as "downvoting", rather as a neutral vote. If honestly giving the correct answer to the question was the wrong thing to do, then imho the question is simply wrongly phrased, not my answer to it.

If "Would you use this feature?" should rather be read as "Would you mind having this feature as an option?" then I can only suggest changing the actual wording of the question. Although I do not think that would be a more useful question to ask - the latter would get my "no of course not" almost by definition. I'd rather think it can be useful for the devs to know that some people are not interested in the feature, exactly because it emphasizes the desirability of implementing something as an option.
03-16-2012 09:03 AM

I think there should be three votes:

"How useful would this feature be to you?"

a) Useful
b) Undecided
c) Not useful

Or something to similar extent.
03-16-2012 10:00 AM

I think there should be one vote: "Useful"; this way you just count who's interested, the rest doesn't matter imo...
03-16-2012 01:47 PM

I like the KVR plugin review system, where you say 9/10 instead of "kind of sucks" and "10/10" for "this seems kind of usable". ;)

More seriously, I am not missing a possibility of "downvoting" (like e.g. the stackexchange system, "this is incorrect or confusing, get rid of it")? If something really doesn't make sense, the mods already remove it, right? And it would perhaps too easily be interpreted as offensive to feature requesters / supporters.

Do people generally consider it better practice to simply abstain from voting when one is not interested in a feature? (I'll be happy to adjust my voting behavior accordingly).
03-16-2012 04:59 PM

I will add that this is the one FR that I have wanted the entire time I have been using reaper. Not the only FR on this btw

Please Please (ok begging) Please.
03-17-2012 01:27 AM
-blänk-

Duplicate of http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=2562.

Discussion thread: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=55631

Please use the other ticket for voting on this request (alas we can't transfer votes). And please use the discussion thread for talk and promotion.
Thanks

I am not going to transfer the posts to the discussion as the majority would be OT there as well (sigh).

About "Would you use this feature", I assume it's meant exactly as it says. It's there to find out the relation of people who would/would not use it, basically like ED's "Useful" vs "Not useful", but with the IMO factor built in. I don't think an "Undecided" would be interesting. If you're undecided, don't click.
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue