Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

GUI bug_____item_bg.png Issue Tools
issueid=1219 09-18-2009 06:22 AM
Human being with feelings
GUI bug_____item_bg.png
transparency doesn't work for this item.

download the attached file, you can see that it has transparency %...

however it doesn't take effect in the tracklist...

please fix.

[img]http://img2.**************/img2/7049/notransparency.png[/img]
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Fixed
Priority 3
Affected Version 3.104
Closed Version 3.12
Yes votes 1
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-18-2009 06:44 AM

Sorry, I don't understand - it looks Ok here - with a darker band in the centre, fading to pale at the top and bottom (i.e. letting more of the track backgorund colour through).
09-18-2009 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar
Sorry, I don't understand - it looks Ok here - with a darker band in the centre, fading to pale at the top and bottom (i.e. letting more of the track backgorund colour through).

set grid line 'under items'

and see if you can see them...(you should see them because the image is transparent)
09-18-2009 07:04 AM

OK, I have grid lines "over items". if I change it I see what you mean.

As I understand it the item transparency is used to combine the item colour with the track background colour. After that the grid lines setting is applied.
09-18-2009 08:02 AM
Administrator

This is caused by an over-optimization. Fixing, but be aware that the combination of (item background images with transparency in the center section) + (gridlines drawn under items) requires an extra compositing step for obvious reasons.
09-18-2009 08:16 AM
-blänk-

It's correllated to "Item mix behaviour". All's well with "Item always replace earlier items". Any other setting causes item transparency weirdness with the "grid under items"

These items are 100% transparent apart from their border. Grid and Marker line Z-order: under items.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue