Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Inline Editor unaccessible when inserting new MIDI item v3.14 only Issue Tools
issueid=1486 11-07-2009 02:33 PM
Human being with feelings
Inline Editor unaccessible when inserting new MIDI item v3.14 only

Just noticed this on v3.14. It worked fine on v3.13

When you insert a new MIDI item into a track, you can only access the item through the regular MIDI editor or through an external editor. The only other way to access a new midi item with the inline editor is to actually hit the record button and stop. The inline editor works fine for existing items but exhibits this behavior just on a brand new item.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Cannot Reproduce
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version 3.13
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 7
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-07-2009 03:04 PM

Nope. Works here.
11-07-2009 05:26 PM
Administrator

Can't reproduce. Are you sure you are inserting a MIDI item and not an "empty" item?
11-09-2009 09:09 AM

Sorry about that guys, I can't reproduce it either. It's only happening on my studio computer. On my laptop here it works fine & also on my friend's studio computer. I'll do uninstall/reintstall on the studio computer and see if that works tonight.

But yes Schwa I'm am inserting a MIDI item and not an empty item.
11-09-2009 11:30 AM
-blänk-

The inline editor won't open *.mid files. Maybe on your studio DAW you have Preferences -> Media -> MIDI >> "Create new MIDI items as: .MIDI files ticked. Change that to "MIDI items (in project)" if that's the case. You might want to also check the same for "Import existing MIDI files as:".

Hope it's that.
11-09-2009 05:28 PM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Closing this one for now. (Can be re-opened if it turns out to be an actual issue of course.)

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue