Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Mouse Customization Issue Tools
issueid=892 08-08-2009 11:50 AM
Human being with feelings
Mouse Customization
assign actions to the mouse in different contexts

This has been discusssed in the forum many times, please link to the discussions in your replies.

But essentially, however it happens to turn out, we need a way to assign different actions to mouse buttons.

obviously, this is going to have different contexts, such as over the TCP, over the main edit area, over the toolbar, transport, and of course, the midi editor.

It could just be two main areas, in the main project and the midi editor. It would obviously also be available in the custom actions editor ,etc.

this would enable the users to style their mouse commands the way they like it, possibly even saving a template for their particular structure.

for instance, some people like double click insert and delete in the midi editor.

others may prefer single right click insert and right click delete.

this would be quite beneficial, and as this issue seems to be coming up alot lately, relative high priority is warranted.

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...ighlight=mouse

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...ighlight=mouse
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Editing behavior
Status Implemented
Priority 4
Affected Version 3.07
Closed Version 4.0
Yes votes 209
No votes 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-09-2009 02:45 AM

Good start on the mouse configuration journey. How easy it is to use will determine how many people aside from the deep macro hackers will use it.
08-10-2009 05:14 AM

Anything that would let me left-click marquee select in the MIDI editor and Alt+click to enter notes (as I'm used to in Cubase/EnergyXT) would be awesome. I really struggle to use the mouse in dialogs like the MIDI editor as it feels 'reversed' to me.

Definate some form of global mouse customisation required. I like both of those FRs, to be honest, but I think airon's is a little more comprehensive. CTRL/ALT/SHIFT modifiers are a must though.
08-10-2009 05:10 PM

This seems to be logical, because the mousewheel already does different things on different areas of the screen.

I also sympathize with Arions suggestion of the mouse zone editor.
10-12-2009 03:31 PM

If this is the thread to vote for, then let me say "aye". A proper, fully-fledged mouse zone editor (MZE) would be fantastic. In lieu of that, well, I'd settle for being able to stop double-clicking an item from doing *anything*. Basically, being able to *disable* actions for different kinds of clicks, as well as choose from the current, limited set of possible actions.

Fingers crossed. Let's get this elevated!
10-12-2009 04:02 PM

Isn't Airon's Mouse Zone Editor already here, and doesn't it have more than 100 votes?

Or was that his other suggestion and I'm temporary schlerotic? :D
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue