Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Sudden loss of writing to recording files Issue Tools
issueid=4932 09-18-2013 08:08 PM
Human being with feelings
Sudden loss of writing to recording files
Clicking record prompts pop-up query; no recording possible

After a recent hard drive replacement, with no cloning of my old drive possible (but a 15-track Reaper project, along with other important stuff was saved to a server, for retrieval), Windows 7 was re-installed, and I downloaded up to Reaper 4.51 (from 3.5, I think) to "house" my project file. During an editing session, I decided to record some additional "riffs" to an instrumental track, with the record function set to "punch-in..time selection" mode. When I clicked the record button, a window popped with "Can't write to recording files--does the directory exist?" I tried the other 2 recording modes, with the same result; spent 2 hours trying to troubleshoot in the Reaper manual, with no luck, and an additional hour scouring the Forum. Anyone able to tell me what this means, and is there a fix? I'm only able to edit the existing files, but record function is lost! Need help fast!
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 4.51
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-19-2013 05:24 AM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Sorry for the trouble! Please post help requests in the corresponding forums.

This is the issue tracker, a database for confirmable (and confirmed in a previous forum discussion) REAPER bugs. This is not a discussion forum, so please try posting this in the forum again.
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue