Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Stillwell plugs mute audio output upon render Issue Tools
issueid=180 06-18-2009 05:44 PM
Human being with feelings
Stillwell plugs mute audio output upon render
(on OSX) use vibeEQ or Rocket compressor, and render - it will stop audio from passing to the master.

I wish to God someone could reproduce this. I don't think anyone has though. just use vibeEQ or Rocket compressor, and render - it will stop audio from passing to the master. the only want to render with a stillwell plug (for me) is to "render live output to disk"

also does funky things with motu machfive.

here's a screen cast of the issue:
http://www.screencast.com/users/pixe...b-1c9fd8ad9514

(older reaper version, but it still happens)

this is honestly preventing me from buying reaper or stillwell plugins.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Not a Reaper Bug
Priority 2
Affected Version 3.03
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-18-2009 07:09 PM

i've tried with both plugins in tracks and in master fx, rendered to mp3 and ogg, and everything works fine. i'm on reaper 3.03 osx intel
06-18-2009 07:29 PM

are you running osx 10.5.7 ?
06-18-2009 07:54 PM

yep
06-18-2009 07:59 PM

maybe the problem is in the samplerate or source files you used in the project? sorry i really can't imagine why it happens in your project and what steps could help me reproduce it
06-18-2009 08:15 PM
Administrator

Are you using AUs or VSTs?
06-18-2009 08:29 PM

Pixeltarian, I have had a sporadic issue with the Rocket compressor (windows) in which the audio track that has Rocket on it, simply won't make a sound. It isn't a render problem for me, it's a playback problem. Once I reload the compressor, everything is fine again. It's very strange...
06-18-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieson1974
Pixeltarian, I have had a sporadic issue with the Rocket compressor (windows) in which the audio track that has Rocket on it, simply won't make a sound. It isn't a render problem for me, it's a playback problem. Once I reload the compressor, everything is fine again. It's very strange...
Hmmm I remember having the same problem with my Rocket. But it's been a long time and I use it often. I think that was during the few first Reaper V3 beta's. Have you updated your Rocket since? That might have been fixed on Stillwell's side IIRC.
06-19-2009 11:04 AM

Yeah, didn't Scott fix a couple of AU issues way back ? From the video it seems you're using AU plugins. A plugin update may do the trick, and if not I'm sure Scott will find out quickly whether it's a plugin or a Reaper issue. You want to post in the support forum on Stillwellaudio.com .
06-19-2009 11:10 AM
Administrator

Reassigning to "not a bug", unless pixeltarian comes back with some info suggesting this is a Reaper problem rather than a plugin problem.
06-19-2009 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa
Reassigning to "not a bug", unless pixeltarian comes back with some info suggesting this is a Reaper problem rather than a plugin problem.
how about,

"it works fine in tracktion, and logic"

?
06-19-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airon
Yeah, didn't Scott fix a couple of AU issues way back ? From the video it seems you're using AU plugins. A plugin update may do the trick, and if not I'm sure Scott will find out quickly whether it's a plugin or a Reaper issue. You want to post in the support forum on Stillwellaudio.com .
the rocketcompressor I downloaded like 5 days ago. so it's probably not fixed
06-19-2009 11:39 AM

and I did post it on the stillwell forums and scott said he cant reproduce it...

le sad.
06-19-2009 12:38 PM
Administrator

OK, let's call it "Cannot Reproduce" then.
06-20-2009 11:14 AM

How about posting your reaper.ini and the offending project RPP, or PM'ing it to Schwa here. Perhaps something can be spotted that way.
06-30-2009 07:41 AM

I'm having trouble with The Rocket all of a sudden. Not when rendering (or maybe also there) but it's begun to stop passing audio on occassion. And quite often. This has quickly become a real pain.

I haven't yet figured out when it happens, and it's a new phenomenon as of the last few weeks or something.

It usually happens spontaenously to plugs that are already in place and working. Disabling the "Decadence" control, which I normally use on, will normally make it pass audio again. But renabling it will mute it again. The GUI is stille moving as it should.

The only cure I've found is to remove the instance and start a new. Often the problem pertains to newly loaded projects. Whenever I load a specific project my Drum Overheads are quiet f.inst. But next day the same project might work fine....for some time at least...

??
06-30-2009 10:30 AM

A) What version of Reaper are you running.
B) If you "Show Bundle Contents" on the plugin, and then drill down to the info.plist file and double-click it, what version does it say it is?

I just re-tried with 3.05pre3 and latest builds of my Vibe-EQ on the master (per the screencast). I've tried it with oversampling on and off, tried it with .wav and .ogg output...several times with each combination. I can't make it happen. I really need a reproducible scenario to be able to do more than just guess what's happening.

:(

Scott

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue