Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

R3.03pre3 Render Queue level and CPU use issue Issue Tools
issueid=59 06-14-2009 04:59 PM
Human being with feelings
R3.03pre3 Render Queue level and CPU use issue
On subsequent renders the levels rise dramatically and CPU use goes up

I had a session with three mixes and I added some reverb and other fx to the mix. CPU use is about 25-30% upon playback and all levels clean.

Three regions were created, and each were used to make a time selection which in turn was sent in to the Render queue.

Format: Wavpack 24 bit FAST

The second render was at least 6 dB louder than during playback, and the third possibly 6 dB on top of that.

Demonstration video: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3BO0PYHC
(uses Techsmith Codec)
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Audio recording and playback
Status Fixed
Priority 2
Affected Version 3.03
Closed Version 3.04
Yes votes 1
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-14-2009 05:25 PM

Take a listen to the rendered files Airon. Do they contain the audio from the render before them as well as the intended audio? I did a bunch of queued renders while mixing for an album project and upon listening to them I found that each subsequent render contained both itself and the previous song render overlayed (playing at the same time).

I had to go back and manually re-render them of course but in theory this feature could be immensely cool.
06-14-2009 06:00 PM

plush2, could this be because the "add rendered file to session" option is enabled in the render dialog?
06-14-2009 08:36 PM

Confirmed.

It seems like Reaper is opening a new project tab to render files in it and not modify original project (good) but it inserts previous rendered file every time it renders so they are summed each time... a pic shot in the middle of the queued render process shows this:

[IMG]http://img193.**************/img193/1371/inthemiddleofarender.th.png[/IMG]
06-14-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dub3000
plush2, could this be because the "add rendered file to session" option is enabled in the render dialog?
I just checked and no it's not on. I don't think I've ever actually used that option yet so I didn't even think to check the state of it.
06-15-2009 01:05 AM

confirmed, but it behaves this way regardless of whether "add rendered file to session" is enabled. well, it does here, anyway.
06-15-2009 03:24 AM

My settings didn't have 'Add items to new tracks in project' checked either.
06-15-2009 01:44 PM
Administrator

Fixing for a new 3.03 build (before main distribution), build rev 7064.
06-15-2009 03:56 PM

Tested rev 7064.

No extra tracks appearing, levels are sane. Works fine now.

Thanks.

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue