Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Timeline values inaccurate (hrs:mins:secs:frames) Issue Tools
issueid=4874 07-06-2013 11:46 PM
Human being with feelings
Timeline values inaccurate (hrs:mins:secs:frames)
Values on the timeline are not accurate

Create a file in another audio editor such as Sound Forge that is exactly 2 hours long (2:00:00.000). Take that file and drag it into Reaper and line up the beginning of the audio clip with the beginning of the project. Make sure your timeline format is in hours:minutes:seconds:frames and now go to the end of the clip. You'll notice that it lines up at 1:59:52:19. It looks like the timeline is inaccurate by almost 8 seconds (at the 2 hour mark) and gets progressively more inaccurate with a longer mix.

To further confirm this keep the end of the clip selected (1:59:52:19), go to the render dialog and select the entire project for the bounds - if you have the render tail setting to 1000ms (default), you will get a length of 2:00:01.000 - if you have it set to 0ms you'll get a total length of 2:00:00.000.

I consider this a pretty serious issue because the mix time is important, especially for mixes that need to be an exact length (i.e. radio show). Please let me know if you need any more info.

Thanks!
Mike
This issue is closed. No more replies may be made.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category GUI and graphics
Status Misdirected Post
Priority 3
Affected Version 4.402
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 0
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-07-2013 07:27 AM
Human being with feelings

Please delete this request - with the help of some forum users I had the incorrect timeline selected. I had hours:minutes:seconds:frames selected instead of minutes:seconds. I had a drop-frame rate selected and that's what was yielding the problems. The reason I used that timeline initially was because I scanned through the options and I saw hours:minutes:seconds:frames instead of minutes:seconds and for some reason I didn't think it would be hours:minutes:seconds.xxx. Selecting the first option cleared things up - sorry for the misreported bug.

Thanks!
Mike
07-07-2013 10:14 AM
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Please post bugs/help requests in the appropriate forums first. This is the issue tracker, a database for confirmed/confirmable (after it was discussed in the forums) REAPER bugs.
Closed

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue