Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Projects > Deprecated REAPER issue tracker > Closed Issue

Option: Plugins stay always on top. Issue Tools
issueid=596 07-16-2009 05:34 PM
Human being with feelings
Option: Plugins stay always on top.
An option wich would allow plugins to stay on top of everything else.

Heya,

When I mix I'm usually using separate mixer view full of virtual faders (eg. no docker). Most of the times when I'm working I want to see eg. how my compressor reacts when I modify the EQ driving it or something similar. Maby keep an eye on master buss comp all the time, or vocal comp when automating to see how hard I'm driving it.

Or how about this scenario: You're tweaking an EQ and spot something requiring a bit more delicate work, so you decide to solo the channel and click the solo from the mixer - and your EQ just disappeared behind the mixer... argh. Currently I have to constantly re-click inserts to re-open the plugins or drag mixer away and pick them up behind of it - wich is, frankly, damn annoying =)

So, my humble request is an option wich allows plugins to stay always on top. In most DAWs this feature exists. It shouldn't be too hard to implement either, I think?

Yours,

Kainz.
Issue Details
Issue Type Closed Issue
Project Deprecated REAPER issue tracker
Category Plugins
Status Duplicate
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version 3.05
Closed Version (none)
Yes votes 30
No votes 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-17-2009 03:51 AM

Hi. I would love to have a way to pin plugin windows on top, or any window in general for that matter, such as the video window.
07-17-2009 06:43 AM

+11111111111111111111111
:D

"so you decide to solo the channel and click the solo from the mixer - and your EQ just disappeared behind the mixer... argh."

This happens constantly to me and gives me a headache =)
07-17-2009 09:29 AM

as wrote on the other forum section, even more useful is to be able to pin the docker directly to the desktop level so not only you can keep "always on top" the plugins but also other windows and software too (i can think, for example, the DSP controller of your soundcard, the media explorer, etc...)

FR: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=69
01-27-2010 07:03 PM
Administrator

Issue Tools
Subscribe to this issue